Pulp Mills are an ideal source of large amounts of ‘free pentoses’, from which furfural is made.
Finally , the paper industry is moving into the furfural biorefining space. Great News!
- Sappi has partnered with Dalin Yebo to develop a business case for conversion and extraction of furfural from PHK liquor at Ngodwana Mill and acid sulphite liquor at Saiccor Mill .
- The team members of DalinYebo and its technology arm, International Furan Technology (Pty) Ltd, have been involved in pilot testing of pulp mill as a source for furfural production since the 1990s.
- DalinYebo mentor, Dr. Karl Zeitsch, was the designer of a furfural plant that started production in the 1970s.
Project: Business Development (Pulp Mill) | Search: BBS | Explore: BBS-Biorefining™ (“BBS”)
DalinYebo: Bioeconomy Consultants
Technology . Markets . Knowhow
- 19 July 2018: PAMSA thepaperstory.co.za
-  See comments made in “From the Labs to the Markets: The Furfural Story” (slide 13 refers)
-  goo.gl/LdZW8o, 2017 Sappi Group Sustainability Report (p. 23) and 2017 Annual Integrated Report (p. 49)
- Project: Business Development (Pulp Mill)