7 May 2010 – Speech by Mr. L. Rateri, Chairman Proserpine Cooperative Sugar Milling Association Limited
Good morning invited guests, members of the Cooperative, staff, employees, neighbours, ladies and gentlemen. You are all most welcome to this our official opening of the furfural Biorefinery. I would like to especially welcome the following people who have all been involved in or have supported us:- Member for Dawson, James Bidgood;
– State Minister for Primary Industries, Fisheries and Rural and Regional Queensland, Tim Mulherin;
Whitsunday Regional Council Mayor and Councillors;
-Allan Grant, Executive Manager Agriculture Productivity Division, Department of Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry,
-Neil Platt from the Department of Employment, Economic Development and Innovation;
– Renee Chilton from AusIndustry;
– Mark O’Driscoll, Senior Relationship Manager, Westpac Banking Corporation;
– Our ex-General Managers, Alf Musumeci and Chris Connors;
– Gordon Eastoff and Bill Webster of WDT Engineers. Des Richmond is unable to be with us due to illness and we wish him a speedy recovery;
-Richard McGrath and John Hiscock from iPower Solutions;
– Troy Nielsen and Michael Hayes, Aurecon Hatch;
– Clyde Evans, Production Manager, Aimtek;
– The Manager, Michael Porter, and Directors of Proserpine Canegrowers;
– Ex Chairman of Mackay Sugar, Eddie Westcott and current Chairman, Andrew Cappello.
NB: Register and/or log-in to read the rest of the speech and/or see the pictures : Today is a significant day for the Cooperative and the region of Proserpine as it represents the conclusion of a critical step in turning our Sugar Mill into a Biorefinery that will allow us to add value to our base raw material ..